What is it?
Eyebrow microblading is a minimally invasive semi-permanent tattooing technique used to deposit pigment along the brow line. Our skilled technicians are trained in best practices to ensure you have maximum results and a shape that best suits your face.
On average, the procedure takes two-and-a-half to three hours from beginning to end. The majority of this time is spent creating the perfect shape in consultation with the client.
While most of our clients don’t find microblading painful, we use a topical numbing cream to minimize any discomfort.
Is Microblading suitable for me?
Microblading is a safe procedure that is suitable for almost anyone who wants to enhance the look of their brows. Unfortunately, microblading isn’t appropriate for everyone. Before you book your appointment, please be sure to check that you do not have any of the following health conditions:
- Respiratory infections including a cold or flu
- Skin irritations on the face including eczema, rash, sunburn, acne, or psoriasis
- Susceptibility to keloid scarring
- Viral infections
- Transmittable blood disease including HIV and Hepatitis
- Major heart issues
- Recipient of an organ transplant
Further, we ask that appointments are postponed for those undergoing chemo. For clients who have had Botox and/or Accutane, we must wait a minimum of 3 weeks after Botox treatments and 12 months after any Accutane treatments.
For the minors wanting this procedure, we regret to inform you that we only microblade on those 18 years and older.
What do I need to be aware of before my appointment?
While microblading is minimally invasive, it’s important that you take proper care of your skin prior to and after your appointment in order to ensure the best results. These include:
- No consumption of alcohol for 3 to 4 days before the treatment
- Use of blood-thinners such as aspirin, Niacin, and vitamin E should be avoided 3-4 days before treatment
- Botox should only be done more than 3 weeks before and more than 4 weeks after treatment
- Retinol should be discontinued a week before the treatment and entirely avoided around the brow area after (to avoid premature fading)
- Chemical peels should be avoided 8 weeks before and 8 weeks after treatment
- Avoid having a sunburn or tan before treatment
- Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided for 24 hours before the treatment
- Waxing and tinting should not be done within 3 days of the appointment
- Avoid sweating (heavy exercise) on the day of the treatment and up to 2 weeks after
After the Procedure
A thin layer of Phishield aftercare has to be applied to the treated area immediately after the treatment. On the first day of the treatment, the client has to rinse the tattooed area with warm water and neutral shampoo in order to prevent the wound from getting dirty and to avoid scab formation. Also, a fresh layer of Phishield aftercare needs to be applied after each rinsing. After the first day, rinsing is no longer necessary. However, it is obligatory to apply the thinnest possible layer of the cream, 3 to 5 times within the following seven days. This cream is universal and can be used for all skin types, due to bee wax and additional active components that regulate greasiness of the skin.
- Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.
- It is very important to keep the brows covered with ointment while in the shower or during a workout to prevent moisture from penetrating.
- Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
- Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 5 days.
- After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
- Do not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing
- Do not scrub or pick treated areas
- Do not expose the area to the sun or tanning beds
- Avoid swimming pool for 2 weeks
- Do not dye or tweeze your eyebrows after the procedure
FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION
Clients seldom experience discomfort after the procedure, but mild redness, itchiness, mild swelling, light scabbing, minor bruising, and dry skin is not uncommon. A thin layer of Vaseline or other aftercare lotions can be applied to minimize these symptoms.
Immediately after the procedure brows will appear darker and than the intended effect. Your brow color will fade to a more natural look within 7 days following the procedure. We recommend a follow-up appointment four to six weeks after the procedure to touch up any areas that you are unhappy with. Please note that it takes 4 weeks on average for the skin to fully heal. Accordingly, we ask that you wait at least 4 weeks before booking a follow-up appointment. The cost of this touch up is included in the price of the procedure.
While results typically last between a year and eighteen months, they vary from person to person depending on care, your skin type, medications you may take, and sun exposure. It’s important to follow the care guides as outlined above to ensure you have the best and most long-lasting results.
Most of our clients return for a touch up every 6 months to a year to keep their look looking as beautiful as possible. For those who wait longer, the procedure often has to be repeated in full, rather than just having a touch-up. Either way, we are happy to make sure you have perfectly sculpted brows.
We look forward to meeting you and to having you walk out of our salon making the world a little bit more beautiful.